Attempted Murder, Child Neglect Among Indictments Handed Down Against 23 People
A man accused of attempted murder was one of 23 people indicted by the Ohio County Grand Jury on Monday.
Juan Harris, of Cleveland, was indicted on attempted murder charges after he allegedly attacked a woman on Locust Avenue in Wheeling on March 25 of this year. At the time of the incident, officers responded to a 911 call reporting a disorderly male with a knife arguing with a female at the Locust Avenue residence. Officers arrived on the scene to allegedly find Harris brandishing two knives, pinning a female behind a porch swing on the porch of the residence. Harris reportedly immediately threw the knives into the side yard, and officers ordered him off the porch. Harris allegedly refused to comply and had to be taken into custody by force. The female was uninjured. (Read the original story here.)
Also indicted was Treyvon Montgomery, who is accused of robbery in the first degree for an incident on Wheeling Island on April 4 at 96 Maryland Street. "Assailants entered this gentleman's apartment unannounced and, at some point, a struggle ensued," Sgt. Gregg McKenzie said. One person was transported to the hospital with a wound to the left side of his head. Read the original story here.
Also indicted were:
- Nylla Gilliland, 26, of Wheeling, charged with the felony offense of child neglect creating risk of serious bodily injury.
- Chad Kendle, 26, of Wheeling, charged with the felony offense of child neglect creating risk of serious bodily injury and child abuse causing serious bodily injury.
- Robert Morris, 30, of Wheeling, charged with felony offense of sexual abuse by a parent, guardian or custodian and first-degree sexual assault.
- James Crumpler, 33, of Woodsfield, charged with two counts of felony wanton endangerment.
- James Anthony Stein, 59, of Wheeling, charged with charged with 46 counts of of felony forgery and uttering.
- Pernell A. Deck, 51, of Wheeling, charged with felony offense of malicious assault.
- Randolph M. Smith, 35, of Wheeling, charged with felony offense of robbery in the first degree and conspiracy to commit robbery.
- James L. Jeter, Jr., 42, of Bellaire, charged with felony offense of domestic violence, third offense.
- Mark Murphy II, 24, of Wheeling, charged with felony offense of burglary.
- Kevin E. McNeely, 25, of Weirton, charged with felony shoplifting.
- Zoe L. McQuain, 32, of Moundsville, charged with felony shoplifting, third offense.
- William R. Newell, 45, of Bellaire, charged with felony offense of "fraud in connection with access device" and conspiracy.
- Lawrence A. Katrencik, 26, of Cannonsburg, Pa., charged with felony offense of entering without breaking.
- Christopher A. Proctor, 27, of Martins Ferry, charged with felony offense of child abuse creating substantial risk of serious bodily injury.
The names of others indicted will be released upon their capture.